It's not that I didn't have a valid address. It's just that the existing address has an old, leaky mailbox which the mail carrier has been told is defunct. I figured a shiny, new mailbox properly mounted with a new name would be an immediate clue to the mail carrier that this address is active again.
My sister who shares my love of preparation left a brand new mail box here. All I needed to do was get a lettering kit to put the name and address on it and get it mounted. Should've taken a few days to receive the kit from Amazon, but the seller hadn't shipped it after about 10 days so I cancelled the order. Then a new order on rakuten.com and same problem--cancelled order.
So after about a month without a mailing address to give anyone, I finally just printed and taped it. It took quite a bit of experimentation to get the font size exactly what I wanted, but it looks pretty decent to me. It still needs to be mounted--yet another day of rain in Kalama--but at least now I'm hopefully past the bottleneck.
Yeah, it's the little things...