You know you're a knife collector when:
- Most of your knives only get used to open packages containing other knives.
- Your spouse notices your secretive behavior and bursts in on you to discover that you're looking at knives on the Internet.
- You keep a loaner on you just in case one of your friends asks to borrow one.
- You know so much about steel that you could probably get a job as a metallurgist.
- Every knife in your house is razor sharp.
- People hand you packages and mail and say "open this please."
- You've bought and sold the same knife more than once.
I'll add to the list as I think of more and/or people make suggestions. It's a fun list!